Well, yes, I do have another 'have-to' that I forgot about. I have to pay my taxes; but then I really don't mind because, well, my taxes help pay for the roads I drive on; they help pay for the library I use; some of the golf courses; most all our parks and recreation areas; our world class kayak river run; my pension; my dad's pension; and my children's salaries. They also help the poor people in my neighborhood; the old people who cannot work anymore; and they help provide meals for the kids whose parents don't have the money to feed them. Oh and then there is the police and fire departments which I really appreciate and actually needed a couple of times this year.
Health care too -- I am soon to be on Medicare. My friends are all on Medicare and receiving pretty decent coverage -- they even think the government is doing a good job running it.
That leaves national defense. Although, I think we are fighting an intelligence war with brute force and need to change the way we think about national defense; I believe my tax dollars have to help with that too. So, there you have it -- a 'have to' no one really likes; yet I think I use enough of the services that I am happy to pay my share which is close to 14% of my income.
This blog is about getting your life back. Adding freedom to your life and just plain enjoying life.
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
It's efinitely difficult to find a partner when you have little or no interest in sex. It seems all relationships are based on sex and f...
-
It's been a really long time since I've blogged. Today I want to talk about Asexuality. I came to a realization quite some time ago ...
-
What if you get aroused fantasizing about something and sometimes even get to engage in this arousal with another person. Is this person ase...
-
Well, yes, I do have another 'have-to' that I forgot about. I have to pay my taxes; but then I really don't mind because, well,...
-
When I go out, whether it be for a hike, walk, social hour, dinner, drinks, dancing, I am rarely the first to go home. At parties, I am oft...
-
I have a best friend who is a male. He would be a great partner but he is agoraphobic. He is anxious in unfamiliar surroundings, wide open p...
-
I know I do. Some porn will turn me on. But I have absolutely no interest in caressing a mans body. As for a woman, there are parts I do enj...
-
My friends son is 29. I've known him for 6 years and he's never really been dating. I asked if maybe he's asexual. Mom said oh n...
-
Sunday, August 14, 2011 Why are there so many have tos in your life? I am always amazed at how many people have to do so many things. I h...
-
I need a best friend. I have a few friends but they have lots of other friends so they have to fit me into their lives and I into theirs. Th...
My doctor doesn't take medicare so I can't ever quit my job.
ReplyDeleteWell, you need to get yourself on Medicare anyway, regardless of your particular doctor. You may need it and you may need to use a different doctor. There are lots of doctors who do take Medicare. There are a lot of us Medicarees ... we are the older ones; we need doctors and they need us. You can find a good doctor that does take it. All my friends are on Medicare; some did have to change doctors for their particular plan; but all are quite satisfied.
ReplyDeleteI have been seeing my doctor for 30 years. For the first 15+ years, he did not take my insurance. I paid him anyway because I wanted to use him as my primary doctor. For minor things, I went to the "co-pay" docs. Eventually, my doc decided to get on all insurances. Now he too takes Medicare.